The Registro trail starts at Estrada das Flores, on the way to the Itatiaia National Park in the upper part. It is just over 2 km and is suitable for beginners. It is all done in a closed forest and brings at the end the amazing view of the Garganta do Registro, at km 0.
• physics: easy
• technique: easy
The weather in Serra da Mantiqueira is unstable. As it is a higher region, it is usually colder in the morning and at night, and warmer in the afternoon.
The best time to go is during the mountain season, from April to October, when the rains are practically scarce.
To be worth the trip to Itamonte and enjoy the beautiful view of the park, we recommend at least two days around there:
• Day 1: arrival and overnight in Itamonte-MG
• Day 2: 2km trail, starting at Estrada das Flores, up to the summit. Return after a brief snack and photos. With good weather, we usually go abseiling down at Pedra do Camelo or hiking at Pedra Furada afterwords.
• Day 3: reserved for the second attraction defined on travel. Return from the park scheduled for the end of the afternoon.
• Internal transfers upon arrival at the accommodation (up to 8 customers)
• GPS tracker with the daily transmission of geographic positioning
• Adventure insurance
• LATITUDE51 dry fit and UV t-shirt
• Professional guide with deep experience in trekking and outdoor activities in remote areas, 24 hours available
• At the hostel: breakfast and access to the climbing gym
• At the hotel: breakfast, lunch/snack trail, and dinner
• At the hostel: other meals besides breakfast. There is an option of having dinner at the hostel but it is not included in the price of tris trip.
• At the hotel: drinks are not included
• Transport to the accommodation location
• Individual equipment
• Personal documents
• 20-liter backpack
• 1-liter bottle
• Waterproof windbreaker / Anorak
• Trail boot
• Second skin
• Dryfit shirts
• Medium fleece
• Trekking pants
• Waterproof pants
• Socks for trekking
• Medium gloves
• Sunscreen and lip balm
• Hygiene equipment
• Quick-drying towel
• Headlamp (extra batteries)
• Plastic or watertight bag
• Personal medications
• Medicines and first aid