Pedra do Camelo is on the way to Itatiaia National Park, but it is located outside of it.
Considered a field school for those who are learning to climb, it is also sought after by sports enthusiasts for climbing and abseiling down practice.
We usually compose part-time tours with this activity, which is always very welcome. In addition to fun, it provides an unforgettable sunset!
• physics: easy
• technique: easy
The weather in Serra da Mantiqueira is unstable. It is usually colder in the morning and at night, and warmer in the afternoon, as a higher region.
The best time to go there is during the mountain season, from April to October, when the rains are practically rare.
To be worth the trip to Itamonte and enjoy the beautiful view of the park, we recommend at least two days around there:
• Day 1: arrival and overnight in Itamonte-MG
• Dia 2: climbing and abseiling down at Pedra do Camelo.
• Day 3: reserved for the second attraction defined during the trip. Return from the park at the end of the afternoon.
• Car Parking
• Internal transfers (hostel-park-hostel)
• Park tickets
• GPS tracker with the daily transmission of geographic positioning
• Adventure insurance
• LATITUDE 51 dry fit and UV t-shirt
• Professional guide with deep experience in trekking and outdoor activities in remote areas, 24 hours available
• At the hostel: breakfast and access to the climbing gym
• At the hotel: breakfast, lunch/snack trail, and dinner
• At the hostel: other meals besides breakfast. There is an option of having dinner at the hostel but it is not included in the price of tris trip.
• At the hotel: drinks are not included
• Transport to the accommodation location
• Individual equipment
• Personal documents
• 20-liter cargo backpack
• 1-liter canteen
• Waterproof Windbreaker / Anorak
• Trail boot
• Climbing shoe (recommended)
• Second skin
• Dryfit shirts
• Medium fleece
• Trekking pants
• Waterproof pants
• Socks for trekking
• Medium gloves
• Sunscreen and lip balm
• Hygiene equipment
• Quick-drying towel
• Headlamp (extra batteries)
• Plastic or watertight bag
• Personal medications
• Medicines and first aid