Pedra Furada is located outside of the Itatiaia National Park, however, it is part of the same region and rock formation. The entrance to the trail is on the road to Estrada das Flores, the same one that leads to the park.
There is a 3km easy walk with an intriguing beauty: the formation of the stones makes one hole, that explains the name of the trail, in English, it would be “Hole Rock”. To reach the summit it is necessary to continue and follow the path, up to the highest stone, where you will have the view of an incredible and beautiful immensity.
This trail is suitable for beginners.
• physical: easy-moderate
• technique: easy
The weather in Serra da Mantiqueira is unstable. It is usually colder in the morning and at night, and warmer in the afternoon, as a higher region.
The best time to go there is during the mountain season, from April to October, when the rains are practically rare.
To be worth the trip to Itamonte and enjoy the beautiful view of the park, we recommend at least two days around there:
• Day 1: arrival and overnight in Itamonte-MG
• Day 2: 3km trail starting at Estrada das Flores and up to the summit. In good weather, we usually go for an abseiling down in Pedra do Camelo or to the Garganta do Registro trail
• Day 3: reserved for the second attraction defined during the trip. Return from the park at the end of the afternoon.
• Car Parking
• Internal transfers (hostel-park-hostel)
• Park tickets
• GPS tracker with the daily transmission of geographic positioning
• Adventure insurance
• LATITUDE 51 dry fit and UV t-shirt
• Professional guide with deep experience in trekking and outdoor activities in remote areas, 24 hours available
• At the hostel: breakfast and access to the climbing gym
• At the hotel: breakfast, lunch/snack trail, and dinner
• At the hostel: other meals besides breakfast. There is an option of having dinner at the hostel but it is not included in the price of tris trip.
• At the hotel: drinks are not included
• Transport to the accommodation location
• Individual equipment
• Personal documents
• 20-liter backpack
• 1-liter bottle
• Waterproof windbreaker / Anorak
• Trail boot
• Second skin
• Dryfit shirts
• Medium fleece
• Trekking pants
• Waterproof pants
• Socks for trekking
• Medium gloves
• Sunscreen and lip balm
• Hygiene equipment
• Quick-drying towel
• Headlamp (extra batteries)
• Plastic or watertight bag
• Personal medications
• Medicines and first aid