Pedra da Mina is the fourth highest summit in Brazil, the altitude reaches 2,798m, and is also the highest point of the Serra Fina crossing, one of the most difficult trail in the region.
Suitable for experienced trekkers who want a great challenge. Climbing Pedra da Mina is even used for brazilians as training to climb high mountains outside the country.
• physics: difficult
• technique: difficult
The weather in Serra da Mantiqueira is unstable. It is usually colder in the morning and at night, and warmer in the afternoon, as a higher region.
The best time to go there is during the mountain season, from April to October, when the rains are practically rare.
• Day 1: arrival and overnight at Passa Quatro-MG
• Day 2: 8km trail, starting at Paiolinho, up to the summit of Pedra da Mina, and overnight in camp
• Day 3: 8km trail, returning to Paiolinho
Camping and kitchen equipment, and meal supplies, are shared in the expedition members’ backpacks.
The tents are set up at night, before dinner, and dismantled in the morning, after breakfast, with everyone´s help.
• 1 night at a hostel accommodation in Passa Quatro-MG and 1 overnight in camping on the crossing
• Parking lots for customers’ cars in Passa Quatro-MG
• Tents for camping and cooking equipment
• Dinners during the crossing
• Personal accident insurance
• 24-hour guide
• Latitude 51 dry-fit t-shirt
• GPS gift tracking
• Breakfast and trail snacks
• Dinner on the day before crossing
• Transport to Passa Quatro-MG
• Individual equipment
• Personal documents
• 60-liter cargo backpack for all equipment
• 3 liters bottle
• Waterproof Windbreaker / Anorak
• Trail boot
• Second skin
• Dryfit shirts
• Medium fleece
• Trekking pants
• Waterproof pants
• Socks for trekking
• Medium gloves
• Sunscreen and lip balm
• Hygiene material (take only the necessary amount in smaller containers)
• Quick-drying towel
• Headlamp (extra batteries)
• Plastic or watertight bag
• Personal medications
• Camping: sleeping bag and thermal insulation
• Medicines and first aid